A new “Buddy x Music” project called Tokyo Color Sonic!! has been announced!
“We will get back the colors that this country is losing with our music!!”
On a certain day in the year 202X, the government founded Coloration, a production agency officially recognized by the government, to boost and refine the level of entertainment.
The people were hopeful about the government’s theme of “providing world-class entertainment.”
……However, time has passed, and 60 years later, Japanese entertainment in 20XX is sadly losing its color of freedom.
……This is a story that takes place a little bit in the future.
60 years later, the government has instructed Coloration to focus on the appearance of the works that they produce.
Consequently, the majority of the public is growing tired of and is dissatisfied with the works presented by Coloration. Tokyo Color Sonic’s voter turnout is currently just barely about 40%.
In response to that, a large organization was put together at the Coloration headquarters, and the president was finally replaced.
The new top, Shuu Gionji, felt that Coloration was in need of a major upgrade now more than ever. If the current situation were to continue, the country’s entertainment would decline.
“We’re going to change our methods, and we’re going to bring back the color of entertainment in this country. We at Coloration have an obligation to protect the freedom of entertainment,” Gionji declared at the inauguration ceremony.
Iro-no-Ha Music Academy, run by Coloration, is a music school with dozens of schools across the country. Once you complete the rigorous entrance examination and are admitted, you can learn the skills necessary for top music creators such as singers, songwriters, composers, and engineers.
Their aim is to win the “Tokyo Color Sonic,” a music festival held every year. The reason is because the winner will earn the title of KING, and the streets all over Japan will be painted with their school’s colors. There is no greater honor than that.
However, a new rule was announced by Coloration’s headquarters, the ones hosting Tokyo Color Sonic. That is that 1 vocalist and 1 songwriter will be chosen from each school and paired up to create a song. That song will be used to determine the winner……!
What is the purpose of this rule? And what will be the fate of Coloration? An unprecedented and intense music battle between youth passionate about music has begun……
- Arashi Komiyama (CV: Shoya Chiba)
- Sora Kirishima (CV: Yuto Uemura)
- Iori Takarada (CV: Soma Saito)
- Haruhi Kaji (CV: Yoshiki Nakajima)
- Towa Sebumi (CV: Gakuto Kajiwara)
- Mirai Zaizen (CV: Ryohei Kimura)
- Kari Kurahashi (CV: Shunsuke Takeuchi)
- Kagura Takatsuki (CV: Takuya Eguchi)
The prologue and preview of the theme song “Begin on buddy” have been released!
- Title: Tokyo Color Sonic!!
- Original Title: 東京カラーソニック!!
- Label: Coloration
- Type: Drama CD
- July 30, 2021 – Tokyo Color Sonic!! Prologue
- July 30, 2021 – Tokyo Color Sonic!! Unit.1 Arashi x Sora
- August 27, 2021 – Tokyo Color Sonic!! Unit.2 Iori x Haruhi
- September 24, 2021 – Tokyo Color Sonic!! Unit.3 Towa x Mirai
- October 29, 2021 – Tokyo Color Sonic!! Unit.4 Kaira x Kagura
Enjoy my content? Please consider supporting me by donating or shopping using my affiliate links. It’s greatly appreciated! ♡
- You can shop for digital drama cds, manga, games & more on DLsite!
- You can donate directly through Paypal or Ko-fi
- more options…
Please DO NOT repost, retranslate, or use my translations in any way without permission. Translation may not be 100% accurate.