I’ve been asked a few times about where you can read the TL Comics that have anime adaptations and guess what?! I found some websites that have ongoing EN translations for many TL Comics↴
I came across Coolmic.me, “a Japanese e-comics store website available for smartphone”
only at the moment
, after clicking a not-so-safe-for-work image on Twitter. lmfao (Hey, No regrets!)
- 25-year-old High School Girl, I Wouldn’t Do This With a Kid (25-sai no Joshi Kousei)
- “At This Rate…I’ll Cum…” The Guard’s Persistent Body Exams Caught Up in Prison with No Escape (Amai Choubatsu: Watashi wa Kanshu Senyou Pet / “Kono Mama ja…Iku…” Kanshu no Shitsuyou na Shintaikensa)
- My Matching Partner is My Student and a Troublemaker (Omiai Aite wa Oshiego Tsuyoki na, Mondaiji)
- A Predator in a Skirt (Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Deshita)
- On a Lustful Night Mingling with a Priest (
Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni…)
If you don’t like Coolmic, you can always try Renta! They have a lot of TL Comics, but only two of the anime that have aired so far.
- “At This Rate, I’m Gonna Come…” -The Warden’s Relentless Pat-Down-
(Amai Choubatsu: Watashi wa Kanshu Senyou Pet / “Kono Mama ja…Iku…” Kanshu no Shitsuyou na Shintaikensa)
- The Beast Beneath the Skirt
(Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Deshita)
※Just type in the the Site Name + EN Tittle on google and you should find it. (Ex. Renta!
The Beast Beneath the Skirt) Keep in mind that Coolmic’s full site is only accessible via mobile only at the moment.
Coolmic vs Renta: Which one is better?
Well it depends, both are fine. It’s really going to depend on your situation and your preferences, whether it’s the price, the waiting time, the quality, etc:
Translation Quality: Both seem fine.
- Coolmic: Weekly, pretty consistent imo.
- Renta: They have a release schedule, but updates for each series varies. Sometimes a series doesn’t get updated for quite a while, pretty inconsistent and frustrating if you ask me.
Quality: Both seem fine, but sometimes I prefer Renta’s font 100x better. Their font is more appealing to my eye!
Price: Coolmic seems to be cheaper than Renta!, not by a lot but something is better than nothing. From what I noticed, Coolmic goes by individual chapters, while Renta bundles around 2 chapters in a volume. (Approx. 6 Coolmic Chapters = 1 Renta Volume. Though it may vary by series) Coolmic also offers the first chapter for free and sometimes offers several free chapters from different series for a certain amount of time.
Liesl’s Sinful Corner:
I’m going to be completely honest: I absolutely hate ticketing/coin systems with digital manga! It’s expensive in the long run. Having a budget is important & I would much rather pay a monthly subscription. I’ve used both Renta! & Coolmic, but the one thing I don’t like about Renta! is that they sometimes take months to update a series I’m reading. I’m patient, but it’s a long wait and when I don’t see a released in their schedule for a very long time I worry whether it’s been forgotten due to low popularity or something. lol
In case you’re wondering what the image that clickbaited me to Coolmic was: “What She Fell On Was The Tip Of My Dick” …OMG lol